Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Caffeine Overdose?

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Caffeine Overdose?

Last week, Friday i took 3 Jet-Alert Caffeine pills.
I was incredibly energetic, and i felt quite good. later on in the evening, my heart started racing.. all I can say is that friday night was nothing short of hellish. saturday, i wasn't feeling well either but not as bad. today it'll be a week since i've taken them, when i feel my heart it still seems like it's beating to fast, is it just me worrying myself, which in turn makes my heart beat faster? or did I damage my heart? shouldn't the caffeine be out of my system?

Jet-Alert, supposed to have 200mg's per tablet. I took 3 of them, so it was like drinking 6 cups of coffee. am I going to be alright? should I see a doctor?

my body also doesn't feel quite stable, is it going through withdrawl (withdrawal)? I don't usually drink coffee and I used to have 1 soda a day, i've been staying away from caffeine.
It was also my first time taking caffeine tablets, and I did it to feel ''hyper and energized''

I'm 14, I weigh 133-135 pounds about 62Kg's.
saturday, i wasn't feeling well either but not as bad. today it'll be a week since i've taken them, when i feel my heart it still seems like it's beating to fast, is it just me worrying myself, which in turn makes my heart beat faster?

It is probably just you worrying your self.  it should be out of your system by now.

or did I damage my heart?

You did not damage your heart with caffeine pills -- but don't do it again.  Everything in moderation -- you are better off having a diet coke or diet mountaindew than taking caffeine pills.

shouldn't the caffeine be out of my system?

yes

am I going to be alright? should I see a doctor?

You probably just scared yourself.  I can't really judge as to whether you should see a doctor over the internet.  If you don't feel well, talk to a doctor.  It would be very, very unlikely that you could do an damage with doing this once.

is it going through withdrawal?

no, it takes longer than that to build up a tolerance.

Please don't take caffeine pills.  Nothing good can come from it.

Thanks for posting.
Also, i'm male 5'10. my stomach is hurting abrubtly too, i've been eating. I had cereal a few hours ago Life cereal. My parent's know about this, and i've been asking my mom for a doctors appointment, hopefully i'll go soon. I've been drinking plenty water, and getting rest. what should I be doing? i just want to feel better.. I went on a bike ride yesterday, to swet. and i usually work out.. but today i doubt i could do either.