Can Anyone help? Unusual Heart rate and B/P
I am a 48 yr old woman who has previously had a low heart rate ( 90/48 bpm 55 ). I have recently been able to discontinue using Fioricet ( taking 6 tablet per day..stopped 12 days ago ). I have noticed that my heart seemed rather racy since I discontinued my medication, and by taking my own heart rate noticed that it seems to be around 100 + bpm, which is a significant increase for myself. I did have my blood pressure monitored two days ago, and was shocked to find it had elevated to 150/88. The only medication I am taking at this time is 1/2 a .25 mg Xanax at bedtime, and also fighting a cold using only one Sudafed in the AM.
I have few other symptoms, occasional headache, and some GI distress, but all are very bearable.
My question is with a strong family history of Cardiac arrest, High Blood Pressure and Stroke, am I in some type of danger zone? I used the medication (Fioricet) for almost 3 years, and now am wondering if it could have been hiding something that I now should be seeking medical help for. I also have had slight twinges in my chest, but once again, nothing that lasted, or was unbearable.
Thanks in advance for any advise!