Can PVC (or PAC) do this
Normally I get the usual skipped beat , pause then a harder thump again.

However sometimes I get what feels like a brrrr (like a vibration, for 1-2 sec) , pause, for maybe 1 seconds, then the heart slowly starts up again, like it beats weak then gradually (within seconds) gets up to normal , or maybe beats a little bit faster or harder. But there's no sudden hard thump.  I find this scarier than the hard thump type, because it feels like the heart has stopped. Can this also be a PVC or PAC?  
I actually never had it while on a holter, but I have had this and don't know what it is. I have had so many different sensations that I could swear I had more sensations than there are rhythms! lol
That's right it happens so infrequently I find,  the skipped beat then harder thump is more common. But I get the other type when I'm really anxious.
i was lucky to have a lot of different beats captured on a holter once, and i experienced what i think you're describing. the dr said it was just a PVC, and he even showed me what all of these weird beats looked like (because i could match the recording to the little diary that i kept for the holter) and interestingly, all of the weird beats looked the same on the monitor.
thankyou paanda it's reassurring to know PVC can do different things, they never captured these other type on ECG or anything though unfortunately.
I get the same but only after running up stairs or lifting boxes. I am very interested to learn what the mechanism is that makes the heart decide to stop for 2-3 beats and then squirt out a string of 5 really fast ones.
to make up for lost time? i think the way pvcs work is that the heart "gets carried away" (aka when it beats faster) and it sort of trips over itself (like if you tripped over something, you would kind of run to catch you balance). that's how a dr has explained it to me before.
Sounds like it could be a short burst of PAT - freaked the bejesus out of me when I first had it - got an event monitor, got it captured several times, showed it to the cardio who said "if it stays that way for more than 12 hours, stop over the ER, we'll set you straight, then get you on a low dose of beta blockers."  

I'm paraphrasing of course, but the gist of the conversation was they were not something to be concerned over and would not limit any activities I would want to engage in.

And I know I was surprised when I saw the EKG strip of my crazy rhythms and compared them to my notes of what I was feeling - what felt like crazy back flips to me looked like totally normal heartbeats on the EKG, just with several of them strung very close together.
What is a PAT? My doctor told me that's what I had a long time ago,but I forgot the words for it.
Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia
Thanks for the info. Had them again yesterday for about 2 hours. Rapid..then like my heart skips a beat. When I don't have them I feel like I am sitting around waiting for it to happen again.