Heart Rhythm Community
Can i drink with my irregular heartbeat

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Can i drink with my irregular heartbeat

I have a irregular heart beat and it skips or adds a beat like 12 times a day.  I have no other symptoms besides a thump in my chest.  So would it be bad if i did drink
Binge or or regular heavy drinking is unhealthy regardless of you heart condition.  

To you question: I have a drink or two, maybe even three if it is an all evening event.  I frequently have one beer or one glass of wine with dinner. So I say the above while engaging in light drinking while suffering from AFib.
Me tooo!!...  A glass of wine does not bother me one way or another....but everyone is different.... you can try it and go from there.  
red wine is what triggered my first episode of a-fib, it was the sulfites I do believe.
I have tried potato vodka (free of sulfites) the only other alcohol I know of that is sulfite free is tequila and I do love a good margarita!