Can you feel your pulse when you're in a-fib?
I've had paroxysmal atrial fibrillation for about twelve years now, and most of the time it's controlled with medication.  I just had a brief episode tonight, though, but I couldn't actually feel my pulse in my neck; I could just feel a fluttering in my chest.  Does this happen to anyone else?  Thanks for any info - I'm freaking out!
Hey... I have paroxysmal atrial fibrillation also.  Whenever I feel it coming on in my chest I immediately check my radial pulse (wrist).  I never can get a strong pulse in my neck, especially when I'm in afib.  Were you having any symptoms other than the fluttering in your chest?  You want to make sure your pulse is not through the roof... that is when you would need to worry... and of course by symptoms as well.  What medications are you on?  And, have you ever done an ablation?
Jan  
I'm scheduled for an ablation next Tuesday.  I don't think my pulse was through the roof because I've had that before and this felt different.  It was like I could feel some beats in my neck, but not all.  I would just feel some beats in my chest.  I'm on digoxin and disopyramide.  But I'm off those as of tomorrow in preparation for my procedure.  I'm terrified!  Maybe it was just a really slow a-fib?  Thanks for replying...