Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Cardiac Activty

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Cardiac Activty

I WAS TOLD BY MY DOCOTOR THAT EXTRA BEATS AND EARLY BEATS ARE NORMAL CARDIAC ACVITY IN 50% OF PEOPLE.  I GET THEM ALL THE TIME AND DON'T KNOW IF IT IS REALLY NORMAL OR NOT.  WHAT WOULD YOU CONCULSION BE.
Everyone has extra beats, some people have more than others.  If you read back in the post, you will find that most deal with extra heart beats.
The number is probably around 100% if you monitor a person (notice I didn't say patient) long enough. The thing is for some reason only some people feel them, we are the unlucky ones who do. On the plus side all of our worrying results in a good cardiac workup which can give us some peace of mind.