Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Cardiovascular Issues

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Cardiovascular Issues
I have a couple questions:  I have had palpatations for years and don't think much of them; however, over the last 6 months or so, I have had an occasional odd sensation I can only describe as the brief sensation of air seeping from my lung.  I think it really is a heart-related thing, but that is the sensation I have ... like air is being sucked out.  It only lasts a second or two and only happens now and then (I think during a palpatation-like moment as well).  Any thoughts on what this could be?

The second question is more vascular.  I have had spider veins for years (moderate but not horrible) but have all the sensations described for varicose veins (heaviness, restlessness, pressure, etc.) - Over the last couple of years, I have developed petechiae in various spots in my lower legs and around my ankles.  - Can that be from spider veins only, or do I have something more serious going on deeper in my legs?

Thank you for any insight into my symptoms.
Question 1:
That is a tough -- I am not sure what you are referring to and have not heard anything described like that before.  I would put you on a heart monitor that you could activate when you have that sensation and see if it correlates with any PVCs or PACs.  If it correlates with one, there is your answer, if it doesn't, I am not sure what cardiac event would correlate with a 1-2 second event unless you are having pauses for another reason.

Question 2: I can't really answer that one without seeing them.  Petechiae is usually used in the setting of a vasculitis.  It is important that you let your primary doctor take a look at them.

I hope this helps.  Thanks for posting.