Chest Pain and Anxiety
I had an EKG and a holter monitor done last week because I was having chest pains at night. I know a lot of my chest pains are due from my panic problem. I have a few panic attacks a month and they put me on Buspar. The EKG results came back fine, but there was one thing that kind of made me worry about the 24 holter monitor. The nurse said everything looked fine except for one time at 3:00 in the morning, my heart rate went up to 154. I believe I was sleeping at that time and have no idea why it would go that high. She said that this was the only time it went up and it didn't stay that long. Should I be concerned about this? My doctor wants me to have a stress test done too just to make sure nothing is going on with my heart. I am just a little worried about this because I have chest pain almost every day, but I think it may be due to my panic disorder. I just wanted to get an opinion on what tests, if any, I should request.
I don't know if this was your case, but I believe dreams can affect the heart rate, just as awake life experiences can.  I have some very troubling dreams, not many hardcore night mares, but I suppose even a few of those I don't remember.  I don't know if any of these dreams caused my HR to increase, but I'd guess they did.