Colonoscopy and PVC's: Risky?
Anyone here had a colonoscopy, and how did your irregular heartbeat behave during the procedure?  I'm told they often give you versed or some amnesic drug so you don't remember being sodomized by The Amazing Mr. Twisty probe aka the scope.  Okay, i'm being too sophmoric about the scope, but I've never had this procedure and quite frankly I wouldn't give it a 2nd thought except for my irregular heartbeat (mainly PVC's) and I read where one of the side effwects during the procedure can be heart arrhythmias... so if you already have PVC's or palps already wouldn't going in there and twiddling the old hershey highway and its close companion the VAGUS NERVE kind of be a bad thing?  

I'm sorry, its Friday night and I'm trying to be too funny about it, mainly because the prospect makes me nervous mainly due to my PVC's and if the scope moving around in there will cause something bad to happen PVC-wise speaking.  
I've had colonoscopies and versed was used each time.... no problem whatsover with my afib during the procedures. I've also had versed during cardioversions as well. It's a fairly gentle anesthesia and I've never experienced side effects as a result.
I suffer from pacs/pvcs and I've had aboout 3 colonoscopies over the last 15 years and am due for another one now. They have never upset the amount of my pacs/pvs but it is always in the back of my mind especially when you have to fast for nearly 24 hours and drink that stuff that evacuates your bowel - that's probably the most unpleasant part of the whole procedure. The last time I did this, I also asked for an examination of my esophagus which showed up that I have a hiatus hernia (I thought if I'm going to be out for this, they may as well do both ends). Not that they do, but just in case, I made sure I told the docs that if they do use the same camera, that they do the esophagus examination first (lol).
I was having tens of thousands of pvcs/day and had no problem with a colonscopy.  In my case, the versed really helps to calm my heart.

Hope the procedure goes well and that you have a great outcome!

I worry a lot about procedures affecting my heart, too, but I've had Versed and contrary to what I feared, it brought my heart rate down quite a bit and I didn't have a single PVC.
The worst part about a colonoscopy is having to drink a gallon of the PEG (Colyte) preparation the night before.