Aa
A
A
Close
744427 tn?1239382763
Coming off sotalol
Hi.

Does anyone here have any advice regarding attempting to come off beta-blocker meds that I have been taking for four years ??  There must be a half-life, I have been free of sotalol for over 48 hours and apart from a short run of irregular PAC's I am okay. HR is a little higher at 90 but BP is wonderful at 100/65 ( I am used to 85/50). I feel as if I am flying without a safety net !!!   All comments greatly appreciated.

Regards   -    Julie.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
my dr said that if i ever wanted to get off my beta blocker (atenolol) that i would need to taper off of it. i don't think its wise to just quit it; you should talk to your dr about a tapering schedule. mine said that if i went off it, i would probably experiences tachycardia and palpitations for a little while. it requires patience and an understanding that you're only experiencing it because your body is getting used to not being on the meds.

i would like to get off bc of low bp too. mine's usually 90/50 (although on rare good days its 100/70--so high!). low blood pressure can be just as bad as high blood pressure, but for different reasons.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
Blank
Nsvt commented on nsvt
Dec 01
Blank
Karismatico commented on Marathon Running Done...
Nov 28
Heart Rhythm Community Resources