Complete Heart Black s/p Cardiac Ablation
I'm 28 yoa and had a cardiac ablasion 7 days ago today. During the procedure I went into complete heartblock for approximately 30 seconds and the physician pulled off in 0.4 seconds from the initiation of the rhythm and then I returned to RSR. Approximately 2-3 hours post procedure my rhythm returned to a CHB maintaining a rate of 50-65. I was discharged on post op day three the my rhythm alternating between CHB, 2:1 conduction and RSR. I am getting a serial of EKG's this week and I am to follow up with my EP on Monday. My 1st EKG on Monday shows I'm still having frequent spurts of CHB and I also noted my heart rate will not go over 70. I become fatigued and short of breathe very easily and ecspecially at night develop chest heaviness and frequent palpitations. The physician is hoping this is due to the edema and is fairly confident that he didn't damage my AV Node but at day 7 I'm getting a little apprehensive.  Didn't know if anyone could give me any advise on what is going on and what options I will have if this doesn't resolve and a time frame of how long it may take to resolve on its own. Thank you.
I do not personally have experience with CHB but I hold out hope for you that this will correct itself.  Do you at all notice improvement in the number or duration of the CHB?  Meaning are you having shorter spurts and fewer of them than you were before?  Is a heart rate of 70 better than it was when you first had the CHB or is not going over 70 a new symptom?  Unfortunately from what I understand if it does not clear up you may need a pacemaker but I would try to not jump the gun about just yet it because there is still a chance for it to clear up.  The heart is a very resilient muscle but it takes quite a bit of time for it to heal and repair itself.  I might ask the doctor to give you an estimate when he thinks things should be significantly improved, 2 weeks, 3 months, 6 months?  He may not be able to give you a firm time frame but a ball park may help to ease your mind a bit so you aren't fretting yourself to death.  I send prayers you way that this does indeed clear up very soon.  Hang in there.