Coughing causes irregular heartbeat
Have had the flu, despite having had a flu shot and have had such a horrible cough it feels like I have ripped my stomach muscles apart.  During all this coughing my heart has been acting all crazy.  Twice it's just started beating really fast and once I could feel it beating fast with my hand over my chest but my pulse was normal.   I'm assuming that was either a short bust of Afib or a bunch of PACS.  But I thought that coughing was supposed to straighen your heart out....why does it do the opposite to me?  This also happened to me once when I was sick to my stomach and vomiting.  Luckily these episodes so far have been short and stop pretty shortly after they start.  Curious if anyone else has this happen.  Went to the doctor yesterday and asked...didn't get much of an answer.
Mine does...if I get nauseous and dry heave, it skips, when I laugh really hard it does as well, even when I sneeze. I think when I have a lot of air trapped in my esophagus or stomach it causes my PAC's to act up. Coughing causes you to take in a lot of air as well when you or in between coughing spells. I hope you feel better soon.