Curious,Concerned
I had a nuclear stress test with echo a year and a half ago,it came back normal,I now have a new doctor,who is concerned about my heart rate,which was about between 100 and 106,I have extreme anxiety problems,she wants me to have another stress test,I have high blood pressure ,have been on meds for 7 years,bottom number is the high one,I suppose my question is what did they look for in the previous test?I am so scared of having to have surgery,the new doc ,put me on atenolol 25mg, and it has been a god send!!as I have stuggled with rapid heart beat for years exspecially at night,cCould my other doc have missed something?,I do experience more anxiety at the doctor,I am worried my heart is enlarged.Any help would be appreciated.Thank you,I just had a chest exray two months ago,doesn't that show an enlarged heart?other wise I am healthy,I do smoke,and am not in good shape,I weigh 113,5'4,but boold work and everything comes out ok so far
A normal heart rate for a non athlete runs from 70-120 and is considered within normal limits so i am a little confused here as to why your doc is running around 100 and you have anxiety issues. To me that sounds pretty normal because anxiety runs our heart rates up a little.  I doubt your other doc missed anything if you were put on antenolol and that this has been going on for 7 years and this is a new doc beth.  I am not saying at all that there is or is not cause for concern because only your doc knows your complete medical history and to me i don't understand why surgery is being spoken of here.  Did your doc mention it or are you just worried that they may suggest it?  I would definately take pause before jumping into the surgery arena if the doc suggests it and definately get a second opinion.  It may that your heart rate is irregular along w. it being minimally fast which at 100 is minimal.  Only your doc knows your complete hx. beth but i wouldn't really go there yet...obviously the antenolol is working wonders at keeping your heart and blood pressure at bay.....don't let this get the best of you....i would have loved it if my heart rate at its highest would have been in your range instead of the 300's it moved into....good luck