Heart Rhythm Community
Daughter Has Irregular Heart Beat What do I do???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

I have just recently discovered that my daughter of 4 has an irregular heart beat. She came up to me stating my hearts beeping my hearts beeping, and me and my wife just figured she has just discovered her heart beat, well after her placing our hands there we realized it was beating irregularily and my mother in-law who is an RT listened to it as well. We have been trying to figure out what could cause this and if it maybe could have been caused from my wife taking depo through the majority of her pregnancey even in her third trimester due to negative pregnancey test at the facility and how to go about getting it taken care of due to the fact that it only happens whenever our daughter gets very active or is excited. Her Grandmother who is an RN said that this could also be why she has random spurts of hyper activeness because it is not a constant thing, and why our daughter also is 4 years old and only sleeps 2 1/2 hours at a time. Any insight would be helpful thank you.
E-mail @ ***@****
There are descriptions and names for the various types of irregular heartbeats, and some of them are benign and some are not.

You need a great deal more information to be able to make a judgment here. Write down all your questions and then make an appointment with your daughter's pediatrician to get your answers.
Not to repeat the previous post, but what kind of irregular beat is she experiencing?
I say dont play with her Heart beats get her to a cardio dr, they can figure it out for ya
When she gets active or excited it is very rapid and she has 3 beats then a long pause and 3 beats but once she's calmed down shes fine
Thank you
It sounds a lot like she is having adrenaline based pvc or pacs.  They are extra beats in the ventricles/pvcs or atria/pacs that typically cause a pause afterwards for the heart to reset itself in a way.  They are harmless in a healthy heart.  It is possible her lack of sleep and excess energy are contributing to it but I would have her evaluated to make sure her heart is healthy and sound beyond the extra beats.  In a healthy heart they are harmless but your daughter may need to learn to calm herself and not exert herself so extremely to keep them from taking over.  In any event do have her evaluated by a doctor so you know exactly what you are dealing with and ensuring it is all benign.  it likely will be but best to have a doctor make that ruling.  Take care and best of luck keeping up with her.