Deep breath/slow HR
This isn't important but. . . typically when a person breathes in, the HR increases slightly. Is it unusual to take a deeper breath for whatever reason and have the heart rate drop noticeably?  I'm not referring to valsalva, just a yawn or deep breath and sigh. Curious.
Reading your statement, made me shake my head, I feel I deal w/ this almost everyday, I have no idea what's going on w/ me...I feel like my heart pauses just from doing what you mentioned above...
My heart pauses using the uhmmm..bathroom....lifting weights, laughing, coughing, sneezing, anything that I feel puts strain on my heart causes my heart to pause or start palpitations...I truly feel like I have a weak heart, don't think it's vagal at all...because after doing any of the above, my heart does not slow down, it actually speeds up afterwards...I thought your was suppose to slow down when "bearing" down?? Not start pausing or causing palps??
Yeah, I've noticed this too! Often when I take a deep breath, I'll feel my heartbeat for a few seconds and it'll be really slow, and then speed up, and then I won't feel it anymore. It's weird: I think I'm just really sensitive to changes in my heartbeat because I worry so much about them. I was thinking that it's because deep breaths cause our bodies to relax, and our heart rates are slower when we're relaxed. I guess by breathing deeply, we are slowing down our heart, if that makes sense. I know that when I feel a palpitation coming on or when my heart's racing, breathing deeply is the best way to slow it down.
Yes, completely normal.

Try to measure your heart rate while holding your breath :-) I was measured on EKG when holding my breath once, and the result was completely weird, I think my heart rate went down to 42.

Cool. When I was younger (like 50 years ago) I was fascinated feeling my heart rate go up and down as I breathed. Later I learned this was quite normal. Just the other day I noticed when I took a deep breath (just one of those things) my rate dropped (I was in bed and could feel my heart beat). Hmm, interesting. So I did it again on purpose and it slowed down again. No pauses (sorry jsuter), just a drop in rate by about 10 bpm or more. No, I didn't count. It seemed backward so I thought I'd ask. Never a dull moment.

This heart rate change with breathing is normal in all of us (though more noticeable in kids).  Here is the explanation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respiratory_sinus_arrhythmia
I've tried a few times to detect a difference in HR for breathing in verses out.  I can't detect a big enough difference to say there is one.  So, some of us (me) have hearts that are too "stupid" to react to breathing :(   I haven't tried holding my breath, but I may when I feel real brave.