Did my heart stop?
I am a 26 year old male, average body type..smoke 1.5 packs a day and drink about 3 beers per night. Yesterday I was just sitting here relaxing and all of a sudden I felt like my heart beat had totally stopped for about 5 seconds. It started off with a squeezing type feeling in my chest and I felt like my pulse had disappeared. I immediately panicked and felt for my pulse (in my neck) and there was nothing. I jumped up from my chair and at that time my heart started beating again. My vision was pulsing black once it felt like it restarted itself. I felt like I was going to pass out and die. This all happened in about 5 seconds time, from start to finish.

Went to the ER and they did an EKG and checked my blood for cardiac enzymes. Everything checked out OK. My blood pressure was slightly high at 148/95. Heart Rate was 95bpm. I am extremely worried about this. Was this just an episode of PVC's or did my heart actually stop? I've experienced PVC's before, but they only last for about 1 second. How could it have restarted itself if it did stop?

My father died at 53 from a totally random heart attack. He always appeared healthy. I'm very worried about this, it's giving me such bad anxiety.

Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Hi there.  Well, that certainly sounds like reason to have a full cardiac work up to make sure all is well!  Especially since you had your father die at a fairly young age from a heart attack!  (might be good reason to nix the smoking too).  It could also be anxiety related or a panic attack episode.  But rule out heart issues first and go from there.  good luck