Aa
A
A
Close
Dizziness and numbness when I lay down
Recently, when I lay down to sleep, I feel very short of breath.  My arms feel numb and I feel short of breath.  I also feel short of breath sometimes during the day.  I'm concerned - it makes it hard to rest at night.  I've been to the doctor about this before, and he seemed to think it was anxiety (?).  It's really bothering me, but I feel like I'm crazy going to the doctor again for this same thing if it's just anxiety.  Maybe I need better coping skills.  Frustrated.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1807132 tn?1318747197
I would consider trying to see a physical therapist.  You may have a compressed disc or pinched nerve in your neck or upper back that is contributing to your numbness and shortness of breath.  I think it is worth checking out.  I do hope you feel better soon.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Anxiety can indeed make a person feel very short of breath.  This is a classic symptom of anxiety or panic, in fact.  And a disk problem can cause numbness in the arms and hands--but so can anxious over-breathing!

You can read about the symptoms of anxiety and how to deal with them in a nice little paperback called 'Hope and Help for Your Nerves,' by Dr. Claire Weekes.  Just google it.

But here are a few questions that might help us give you more information:

1.  How old are you?

2.  Any family history of heart disease?

3. What kind of doctor are you seeing?

4. Have you ever been told you have a heart murmur?

5.  Have you had an EKG and/or cardiac stress test?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Recent Activity
874521 tn?1424120397
Blank
opus88 commented on photo
Sep 23
506791 tn?1439846583