Heart Rhythm Community
Do I need to search for best ablation doctor for A-flutter

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

I have been dianosed with Atrial Flutter. My doctor wants to do an ablation and says he has a 80 to 90 percent success rate but doesn't know exactly and he does 10 to 20 per year.  I have been told that ablations are much easier with flutter than fibrillation. Should I search the country for best (cleveland clinic, ou, mass general) or just use the doctor in Florida that has a good reputation?    
I had an ablation for a-fib and a-flutter. Yes, it is true an ablation for flutter is much easier than one for a-fib. My opionion, I would still go to someone who does them on a regular basis. Weston, Fl has a wonderful doctor for ablations. Before my procedure, I traveled to several different doctors around the country before I decided who was going to do my ablation. When it comes to my heart, no matter what needs to be done, I want to have the best doctor perform the procedure that is available to me. Good Luck with your search and future ablation. Wishing you well, and wishing you enough...
Can you tell me the name of the doctor in Weston?
Dr. Sergio Pinski at Cleveland Clinic in Weston, Florida
While on this topic, could you tell me your impression of Dr Natale, as I will be seeing him in 2 wks.  Thanks
I met with Dr. Natale a couple of years ago. He is very pleasant and knowledgable. He is one of the top EP's. I think you will like him alot. If you are looking into ablations, he is one of the best. Good Luck