Heart Rhythm Community
Do you have an idea what this could be.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Do you have an idea what this could be.

Since last fall I've been trying to get back in shape but everytime I do strenous exercice I get out of breath within 5 minutes and can't seem to get it back plus I feel my heart pumping really hard and it's painful. I'll cough for a while and then I eventually can breath normally but stop exercising for that day. I've been attributing it to anxiety and being over sensitive to how I feel. Of late, 2nd week of January 2013 I've been feeling lightning pain around my left breast close to the middle on and off. Sometimes I"m doing exercises other times nothing huge like driving my car and get these. For the last little while (4 days) I've been feeling really weird. Sometime I feel like my breath is really hot, I feel a constant pressure with surges of stronger surge of pain, pinch or lightning. Sometimes I think that it's muscle pain because I'llbe doing something like make a bed and do a movement and the pain goes with it and leave with the mouvements. Other times \i'm not doing anything special and it doesn that.

I decided on going to the doctor cause it hurt to breath and the pressure point were getting to real to be just anxiety. She sent me to ER to make sure that I didn't have a pulmunary embolis. I got a ECG, ex-ray and bloodwork for clothing and heart enzyme. They all came back normal. They sent me to the thrombosis unit just to make sure because we have proteen C deficiency in my family. I'll be tested in two months for this. I've had indigestion two nights in a row and that really got me wondering but last night when I got home my son had been throwing up and was shortly followed by my husband then me. I wasn't able to retain fluids but with a gravol and rest I'm feeling better now in the afternoon but for those pains on and off and the fact that my heart is beating 134bpm while I'm doing extremely light picking up around the house walking slower then a turtle. I know that my body got quite a beating with this Gastro but this rapid heart beat and the pain is worrying me. I'm not sure what to do.

I have to call back the thrombosis unit and get an appt. I did speak to the doctor and since the cloth blood  work came back negative he doesn't think it's a blood clot. My mother who usually cover for me is also sick with this thing and will be out for at least two days so I'll have to wait until Thursday for an appointment. The ER doctor also suggested that I get a new EKG (done one 3 years ago) but to rule out the lung this first.

The only thing they told me was that I didn't have immediate trouble with my heart but something is going on.

symptoms:
Rapid heart beat
chest pain and discomfort centre , centre left and sometimes centre right ( I think sometimes it's muscular feel more painful if I press in that area, others it doesn't change)
dizzyness
change in vision on occasion
muscle strain without exersion sometimes when breathing. Will feel it in centre front chest and in a line across the shoulder blades
upset stomac and indigestion (for a month but maybe the Gastro my body was trying to fight off)
stress and anxiety (scared to do anything to make it worse and having a hard time to go to sleep)

It's always wise to get chest pain looked at.  It seems that yours is either skeletal muscle or GI related.  Without getting into the details I tolerated chest pain on and off for many years that felt like a truck sitting on my chest radiating into my left arm, up my neck, and into my jaw.  Classic MI stuff.  Turned out to be GI (i can't digest milk).  

Reading your post it's seems obvious that you're quite anxious, either over the health issue or life in general.    All of the symptoms you list are classic generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).  If all your tests are coming up negative that's the diagnostic you will probably fall into.
thanks,

I do have GAD that I know and I do hope it's only that. Again this morn woke up with 120bpm and was feeling odd. I know that my body is running on fat since I barely ate yesterday due to the Gastro but this is giving me anxiety this morning. I do feel pressure over my left side but with a bit of food and water seem to get better.

I am with itdood that it is wise to get properly checked out.  As well I am not a doctor so it is best to get a proper diagnosis from one but some of what you are feeling I have experienced myself.  It sounds to me like you may be experiencing some ectopic beats, pvcs or pacs but more likely pvcs because of the intensity and pain associated with them.  It is possible you have had them for some time but didn't feel them until you started working out.  The working out may be stressing your heart a bit if you are trying to push too hard too fast.  If I don't work out for a while I can't push too hard or go too fast right off the bat or I start to get a lot of chest pain and shortness of breath.  As well if I push too hard I will get worsening pvcs and pacs.  I would say if you are new to working out then ramp up slowly and only push super hard when you know your body will respond OK.  As well make sure you are well fed and hydrated when you run.  If you tend to a bit of low bp and you aren't properly nourished or hydrated exerting yourself can cause stress on the heart.  As well if you are having any stomach problems like acid reflux get that taken care of because it could be compounding the problem.  Finally try to do what you can to reduce your stress and anxiety as these will make what you are feeling worse.  Though it important to get this properly diagnosed or at least get your heart evaluated to be healthy to know for sure your heart has been affected by a virus or anything but I think the fact that the pain doesn't last likely points to some pvcs but it could also simply be that your heart isn't conditioned yet and you may be pushing just a bit too hard.  Well good luck getting to the bottom of this.  I do hope you feel better soon.  Do keep us posted on how you are doing.
I hope you are right. I do have extra ventricular beat but the whole out of breath is odd. I maybe in an anxiety phase. For now the doctor suggested I stay away from doing exercises until I"m fully assest so I"ll listen to that. It was odd that I got out of breath after 5 mins of exercising. I was doing Zumba on the Wii and not pushing myself too far. The first time I started doing Zumba I'd do 10 mins and increased it to 20 which I felt was my max and was feeling good. I got into the Christmas rush and didn't do any for a while. Now trying to start again and can't seem to even do one song without getting palps, chest pain and out of breath. We'll have to wait and see what the test say. I have to wait for my mother to be well (she got the Gastro too) before I can go for the test. I did speak to the doctor and he doesn't think it's urgent to get checked out so I can wait it out a few more days but it does need looking into.

What do you do when you get PVCs? How to you handle them?