Does SVT get progressively worse (more symptomatic) over the years??
I was diagnosed with SVT almost 2 years ago when I had a case of sustained AFib.  For the first 6month after this episode, I was virtually symptom free.  As time moved on however, I am becoming increasingly symptomatic and have had to completely cut alcohol out of my life (causes heart to race).  I am also aware of my heartbeat quite often when I lie on my left side. I get PAC/PVC's daily.  For those that have had SVT for years: Do symptoms increase as years go by.  I have a prescription for metoprolol (25mg), but my cardiologist told me to only take them if I am having an episode.  I am wondering if I will eventually have to take them regularly??  

Also, as a supplemental question, can someone explain this feeling of your heartbeat when you lie on your left side.  I didn't have this problem for the first 26 years of my life.
I'm sure there are some on this Community who can offer some first-hand experience.  I'm not one, but post now to bump your call for help back to the top of our list.

I think most heart conditions get worse with age, except for those that are fixed (surgery, ablation).  I think medications treat only symptoms, and does not in and of itself cure (I could be wrong).  In your case of being 28 years old it makes sense to find permanent fixes, rather than take medication for the next 60 years, or however long...  talk it over with your doctor.  Here I believe if you symptoms are not difficult to deal with, just living with them may be the best option.

As for which side you  lay on and feeling you HB, I think many have posted in the past that the left side seems to be more prone to feeling than laying in other positions... I could be wrong here too, but the post will at least give you another chance to get something useful...good luck.