Heart Rhythm Community
Does adrenaline cause PVC's/abnormal heart rhythm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

I have been having some bad PVC's over the last couple of weeks. I usually expect some when my hormones are out of whack but these are coming pretty frequently. I haven't experienced these kind of palps in a longggg time. I am afraid to become intimate with my husband because my heartbeat became erratic today during..... Hence the question about adrenaline causing the PVC. I am so over these doggone things!!!! I was so afraid today when they started and just had to pray my way throgh them. I have been on meds, had all the test and all is basically fine. But I don't feel fine. It's been a while since I posted but these things really are throwing me for a loop. Allergies may be causing them too. Who knows maybe I'm reaching. Help anyone?
Yes, adrenalin is the body's mechanism to speed up the physical readiness to deal with a threat or other stimulation.

From this I speculate, and have seen claimed, anyone with a heart rhythm problem may experience episodes when their adrenalin is stimulated.  A medication, such as a beta blocker, may help reduce the problem.  I think you should discuss with your doctor and tell him/her about your need to control the ryhthm problems during marital relations.  Perhaps you can just take a BB as a "before pill". I am not a doctor, just suggesting something you might consider discussing with your doctor.  There may be other/better methods.
Yes....and my doctor told me the treatment for too much adrenaline is a beta-blocker.
oh yes...I do that often; even to the point of fainting :P HR skyrockets; heart pounds and beats all funky,  with any exertion or exercise...the only bb that works for me is Inderal but to work effectively I have to take it 3 times a day other wise I get breakthroughs

you may need a different bb than what you're taking to help regulate you hr a bit more
My tachycardia gets much worse when my adrenaline kicks in, and then I find myself in a full-blown panic attack.  My doctor did say also that it is normal for the heart to beat faster when you find yourself in a fight-or-flight situation.  The heart is doing what it is supposed to.  The problem is getting it back to normal.  I up my bb dose, use breathing exercises and get to a quiet spot and put my feet up asap -- not always possible.
My pvcs, from what I can "guess" are caused by adrenaline.  I am on a beta blocker, but alas, the stress of life has a way of overriding the benefits of this medication for me.  Sometimes I take a klonopin to "wipe" all the adrenaline out of my system.  I stay on the klonopin for a few days (nighttime dose) and it helps eliminate the pvcs.

Debbie