Heart Rhythm Community
ECG Report reading - pls help to understand the report..Please!

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

My mother is 56 years old and here is her ECG report
Minnesota Code 4-5-0 (I. II, V6)

Diagnosis information
800 - Sinus Rhythm
631 - Slight ST-T Abnormality? (I, II, V6)

HR 98 bpm
P DUR - 100 ms
PR int 154 ms
QRS 103 ms
QT/QTC int 357/457 ms
P/QRST axis 70/-15/71
rv 5 / svi amp 0.570/0.525 mv
I am not a doctor or medical professional. Please take everything I say as unqualified. Seek advice from your doctor.

Your best bet is probably going to be to talk to your mom's cardiologist about this. HR is the heart rate. P DUR looks to be the duration of the p wave. PR int is the PR interval. QRS is the width of the QRS complex. QT is the duration from the beginning of Q until the end of T. QTC is QT corrected for heart rate: there are several empirical forumlas for correcting it. The axiis specify a sort of mean direction of the "conduction wave" at the point in the cycle of interest. For instance the p axis specifies the direction during atrial contraction.

There are two special notes here. The first indicates that there is a characteristic in the ST/T piece of the ecg that is of interest. It may or may not be abnormal; for now, just of interest. I do not recognize the last line.  It might also indicate something special, such as a particular measurement gleaned off of the ecg trace, or perhaps off of the machine. I have never seen it, but this is no surprise. As I mentioned. I am not a medical professional. Just been looking at my own.

You can find all sort of information online if you want to know more. But  keep in mind that a doctor is going to have to be your source for interpretation.