Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
EKG: Abnornal T wave for a 12yr old
About This Forum:

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

EKG: Abnornal T wave for a 12yr old

My son 12, had an ekg for a ADHD med eval. It showed normal sinus rythem / Nonspecific T wave abnormality and a heart rate of 108 beats per min. He has been up as high as 120bpm resting. He currently takes concerta 72 and has been on medication for at least 5 years, his dr. wants to change him to Vyvanse because the concerta is nolonger working for him. He has complained of palpations, and a fast hesrt rate. We have tried nonstimulant medication with unfaverable results. Should I be concerned? There is a history of heat desease in the family.
Thanks for any info you anc give.
Related Discussions
230125_tn?1193369457
If his heart rate is elevated from the medications and it makes sense that it could be, I would not want someone to maintain a heart rate that high if avoidable.  you will probably run into this problem with most ADHD medications.

Non specific T wave abnormalities are very non specific and medical work ups usually do not reveal a problem.  I would stop the medication and see if the heart rate and EKG changes improve.

It leaves you between a rock and hard place for the ADHD medications.  All medications have risks and benefits and determining when the risks out weigh the benefits can be tough.  It will depend on how significant the ADHD is.

I hope this helps.  Thanks for posting.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
4610897_tn?1393869202
Joseph Sclafani, M.D.Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity