Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
EKG and sino-atrial 2nd degree mobitz ll block

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Hi I have a few questions:

I have posted my EKG in "my pictures"  and my Test results in "my journal" to view.

1.)  What test would be done other than an EKG to "confirm" a mobitz ll block?
2.)  Can you have a mobitz ll block "without" having low blood pressure?
3.)  If you had all the test in 2006, could this develop in just 2 years, and what %of how often an EKG could be     wrong on this?
4.)  What questions could I ask my Dr. about on this.

For about the last week the symptoms I've been having seem to be more of a bother to me.  
My heart beat I am very aware of in my chest and throat.  My chest sorta feels sunken in.  (hard to explain).
I get little pains in my chest about every 10-20 min.  My breathing and voice are sorta shaky at times.  When I talk my voice at times will leave me, until I take a breath.  This is really bad for 1-3 days after just cutting the grass.  It also seems to make me cough.  Like a dry gaggy cough.  ha ha, sorry don't know how else to word it.  My BP is controlled by meds and is usually ~115/74 HR 72.  After 5 minutes or less of normal daily work around the house it will jump to ~155/94 HR 128 or just standing up.  I also get lightheaded easy but that is sorta normal for me.  I have most of the "commercial call 911 signs" on a daily bases.  I've never went because they are sorta just part of my daily life and I figured the signs were not bad enough.  In Feb. I got scared for the 1st time.  To much to list here.  All of my records are list though as I said in Test results in my journal.  I have a recheck appt. in 2 months for my BP.  Is there anything I should ask about.  I thought of calling my cardiologist from 2006 but, don't want to upset my regular Dr.
Any information would be great and I would just be ticked pink if you could answer questions 1-3 for me.
Thank you very much,  Sincerely;
Amy.
Tags: 2nd degree mobitz ll block

An EP study would confirm it, done by heart rhythm specialists if necessary.

yes

It could develop in a day -- EKG interpretations are notoriously wrong about anything but normal EKGs.  let your doctor interpret the EKG, preferably a cardiologist.

If the EKG is Mobitz II, a pacemaker if often recommended.  Probably best to see a cardiologist.
II noticed that you are a cardiologist.  Did you happen to look at the EKG?
I would really like to hear your opinion of the (2) 2008 ekgs in my photos on here.  

My Dr. has never told me about any of my EKGs being abnormal.  

I found out by requesting my medical records.  I'm going next week to ask her about them and also to ask for a referral for an apt. with my cardiologist due to the fact my symptoms have been getting alot worse over the last 2 1/2 months.  In my records she never mentioned anything about the EKGs in her notes.  I told her about the interatrial septal aneurysm that was found in 2006 and that the size wasn't to bad (1cm septal thickness) and that there was no communication between the 2 sides and I was told by the cardiologist it was safe.  She's good and I like her but;  The fact that I had to tell her instead of her telling me anything makes me think that maybe cardiology is just not her thing.  I like her and don't want to upset her, but, I just can't get the answers.  I thought about just calling the cardiologist but don't want to go over her; nevertheless, I do have my records if I have to.  The pains are interfering to much in my life.

If you could look at them I would really appreciate your comment.
Sincerely;  Amy
Hi.  I know this is going to sound crazy; but, I have to ask.  
Since Feb. I had one really bad attack and was having alot of issues with chest pains, (severe and mild ones every few seconds/ minutes), shortness of breath to the point of breathlessness where I could not finish a sentence with my voice gone until I took a breath, very tired after the slightest of activities. I requested my medical reports due to this and a old issue in Feb. with my Dr. that I feel pretty stupid about now.
On my reports I had asked alot of questions about a Mobitz ll block on here.  

I finally went to the doctor and she done alot of blood work. (results pending)  I'm expecting them to all be well except for the hsCRP in which is usually high.  I felt alot better several days "before" going to her.  She done an EKG and it was one of my best ones.  It only showed the poss. old infarction and a incomplete RBBB.  YA.  She looked at the old EKG and said I should have a total cardio workup.  I'm afraid that since I feel better and better each day that the Echocardiogram and SPECT stress test is going to be a big waste of time on everyone's part and money on mine.  With the symptoms all going away......I just don't know if it's worth it?  
Should I hold off on these test to see if the symptoms come back and then go?  
I just don't know if they would be able to tell now that I'm not symptomatic?

I don't know if I'll get an answer on here or not.  I figure if I wait until Monday I should know better if the problem is going to come back or not before I call my Dr.s office to cancel or not.  

Amy