EPS R.F. Ablations
I have sudden palpitation breathless. H/R 80/mt, BP-96/97 ,  Doctor advice EPS, R.F Ablation. What is this process?
The EPS is an electrophysiology study to "map" out your heart to find places that need to be fixed because of abnormal electrical activity.

My EP used 3 catheter probes placed into the heart through a vein in both legs.  They don't put you to sleep but use "twilight" or wakeful sedation meds like Versed.  After it works, you can talk to them, but feel no pain at all.

Then they try to "map" out the areas in your heart causing the problems and ablate (burn) them.  Mine were in the lower left outside ventricle; which is extremely delicate and thin - it took about 4 1/2 - 5 hours for the procedure because I had complications.

In recovery, if you feel any pain or anything they give you something for it.  I had morphine & something for nausea, which helped greatly and then they move you back to your regular room.  

After my ablation and recovery I felt great and no pvc's - for the first time so long I forgot what it was like to be "normal" :P