Heart Rhythm Community
Ectopic Beats: Should I Get a Holter?
About This Community:

A community of people experiencing Heart Rhythm concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ectopic Beats: Should I Get a Holter?

Hello all,

I'm a 21 year old male. Lately I've noticed that my heart seems to skip a beat about twice per minute. The rhythm goes something like this:
bump...bump...bump......bump...bump...etc.
I had an EKG done, which detected one ectopic beat but normal electrical activity. Blood work came back normal. They offered to give me a Holter, but is it really worth the cost? I've heard most ectopic beats are benign, and ordinarily mine produce no symptoms (the only time I normally feel palpitations are when I'm having a panic attack - I suffer from anxiety - or occasionally after a cigarette or cup of coffee). Any advice?
Related Discussions
1124887_tn?1313758491
If you feel your heart skipping twice every minute, you should consider getting it monitored on Holter. Skipped/extra beats are almost always benign, but it may be a good idea to find out how frequent they are and if medications should be considered. Especially if they are a concern (and I can see you worry about them a bit).

The best advice you will get is probably to stop smoking and to cut down on coffee :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on  Weight Loss Drinks ...
5 hrs ago
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
Weight Loss Drinks
9 hrs ago by gymdandee
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
Protein Powder Goodies
12 hrs ago by gymdandee
Heart Rhythm Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703