Heart Rhythm Community
Ehlers-Danlos syndromes SYNCOPE

A community of people experiencing Heart Rhythm concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Ehlers-Danlos syndromes SYNCOPE

HI I HAD MY TILT TABLE TEST TODAY AND I PASSED OUT. THEY MENTIONED SOMETHING ABOUT THIS Ehlers-Danlos syndromes . BUT THEY DIDDNT GO INTO ANY DETAIL. CAN ANYONE TELL ME IS THIS WHAT CAUSES MY SYNCOPE. I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS VASOVAGAL SYNCOPE I HAD UNTILL NOW. WHEN I LOOK AT WEBSITES THEY DO MENTION THE LAX JOINTS ECT THAT I DO HAVE AND THE CURVATURE OF SPINE WHICH I ALSO HAVE. AND THIN LIPS ECT. ANY HELP BE APPRECIATED
Tags: syncope
If you had a positive tilt and it reproduced your symptoms and the doctor feels vasovagal syncope is what you are experiencing...then you probably are experiencing vasovagal syncope (too much vagal tone causing a drop in blood pressure are heart rate, leading to posture collapse and loss of conciousness).

The next question they are asking then is, "Why do you have vasovagal syncope?"

In a small percentage of people with vasovagal syncope, or its broader umbrella term, dysautonomia, the cause is Ehlers-Danlos.  This is a group of genetic disorders involving incorrect collagen synthesis (connective tissue).  There are different types, but the theory is those with the vascular type may have "extra-stretchy" blood vessels.  This allows blood to pool in the extremities and leak from the vessel walls, making you predisposed to passing out.

Hope that helps.

Many people with Ehlers Danlos have POTS disease. Google that and see what you get. Not only people with the Vascular form of EDS have stretchy skin. We have a defect in collegen. Collegen is throughout your entire body. Because we lace the "glue" that holds our bodies together it is sometimes difficult for blood to travel from our legs back up to our hearts.
Many of us have healing problems, joint problems including dislocations, wide scars and poor healing, eye issues and the list goes on and on. Please read up on POTS disease and also google EDS for more information. I can help you if you have any other questions as I have become quite informed. We must be our own advocates because doctors don't learn enough about this condition in medical school. I know have 12 doctors and ALL of them believe I am their first EDS patient but I know that this isn't true. It just takes years and years for us to get diagnosed. For a proper diagnoses go see a geneticist. They see more of these unusual condtions vs. your general practioner    
jharpphcs added the Heart Rhythm Tracker
RHyslop joined this community
Welcome them!
May 06
SassyLassie commented on I had no idea there w...
May 06