Aa
A
A
Close
Enlarged Heart
2009 I found out that I had an enlarged heart. According to some article I just read about longivity of life in my case, I have about 5 years to live after synthoms starts. I got pregnant in 1997 and have to do bed rest my whole entire pregnancy do to a shortage of breath.
1. According to the article is it true that I have only 2 years to live?  
2. I am over weight as well, If I lose the weight will that increase my life spand?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
967168 tn?1343732745
It all depends on what's causing the enlargement; what test showed it was enlarged?

According to a doctor here: "An x-ray is a relatively non-specific way of detecting heart enlargement. Sometimes it suggests an enlarged heart when in fact there is no enlargement; similarly, it can easily miss enlargement when it is in fact present."

"An echocardiogram - a cardiac ultrasound - is a much more meaningful way to determine if there is truly heart enlargement and what it may be due to."

"The causes of heart enlargement on an x-ray range from the way the picture was taken to serious conditions such as cardiomyopathy. Often, the exact cause cannot be pinpointed on an xray and a echocardiogram should be done."

I've had an enlarged heart for about 2 years due to Cardiomyopathy and my dr's really don't do anything for it except monitor my condition with my other heart problems.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Heart Rhythm Community Resources