Aa
A
A
Close
Excercise post supraventricualr tachycardi and with left bundle branch block
I have had Diffuse Scleroderma for 4 years. I have had cardiac involvement including Supra-ventricular Tachycardia which was treated successfully with ablation. But, the eloctrophysioligist was able to induce (after trying really hard to) ventricular tachycardia. I also have left bundle branch block and an EF of 42. Also had troponin leak due to focal myocarditits the is now normal. I was told I can exercise in the gym but not to lift more than 25 pounds but I can do other exercise as tolerated. Is there any effective way to build some muscle while only lifting 25 pounds or less. Should I perhaps do yoga instead?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
612551 tn?1450025775
One has the choice of more reps or more weight when "pumping iron"... but there are limits on both.  Twenty five is a very low weight to try to make it up with more repetitions, but that seems to be your challenge.  I suggest if you want to build some muscle bulk you ask the doctor is you can't go a bit higher.  I think even a big guy can improve muscle size and power in the arms and chest (curls and presses for example) with lots of reps and a weight about 1/4 of their body weight for presses.  I'm about 240 pounds so that means I believe I can improve my chest and arms pumping (presses) a lot of reps at about 60 pounds.  I'd say curels at half that would help arms.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Recent Activity
Heart Rhythm Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank