Heart Rhythm Community
Exercise Questions!

A community of people experiencing Heart Rhythm concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Exercise Questions!

I have been told several times that my heart is structurally normal and that my pvc's and pac's are all benign...
So I have decided to start working out...
First question, is it okay to get pvc's or pac's while working out?
Second question, as I start lifting heavier weights, I start feeling dizzy, heart pounding and short of breath...is this abnormal? Should I question my cardiologist further?
I just finished wearing another 30 day monitor...but when I sent the recordings in..I was always told everything was fine...we don't need to call your doctor...I just hate being scared...just want to lose weight and feel great!!
I don't know if this helps but I have been told meany times my heart is fine and I get PCS everyday eithir big or small NOT FUN! I get the same thing when I workout I get shortness of breath like my chest is feeling tight and I get dizzy and I most always cut my workouts short b/c I don't want to pass out in front of everyone it *****...I am going to ask for furthr testing such as a stress test and echcardiogram I want them to fully look into my heart not just listen to it...But i know how you feel! I hope we find anwsers soon!! Hang in there!
You can mention it to your doctor or cardiologist, but I think it's OK and normal. I'm also bothered with this, it's extremely annoying.

Sometimes while exercising (it can go months) I don't notice anything, then, especially during stressful times, palpitations (most of them PACs I guess) occur during start of exercise and increased work load. Sometimes so intense I can feel a skipped/double beat every 5-7 heartbeat.

I've been told this is caused by high adrenaline levels and benign. If your heart is structurally normal, I guess adrenaline is what is causing it in you too.

Good luck.
Hi,i experienced the same thing too,i stopped playing football nearly 10months ago because everytime i did a bit of running,i would have palpitations,shortness of breathe and dizziness,as a result of this i did 2 times of stress test which came back normal,an echo,bloodtest,2 times of 24 hour holter and not to mentioned several ECGS which all came back fine,i dont know wats wrong but doctor said it could be anxiety related,as the heart are super sensitive to adrenaline now,so need to take things easy,start from a light walk etc...
Thanks to all you guys for responding!! It sure does help to know there's other's feeling the same thing :)
I know it doesn't "cure" what I feel but it's very reassuring because I just felt working out is suppose to be good for your heart, make it stronger..not make you feel like you're getting to croak...
H.R. 2393, Country of Origin Labeli...
15 hrs ago by gymdandee
Ease Anxiety With Food
16 hrs ago by gymdandee
Paxiled commented on Foods You’re Throwing...
Jun 30