Exercise after ablation
Hey all, I just had an ablation for a-fib one week ago.  They isolated my pulmonary veins.  My doctor said I could start exercising again, just to start out slowly.  I was planning on doing some walking on the treadmill tonight, but I've been feeling some weird beats.  Did any of you feel funny the first time exercising after an ablation?  Did you feel ok afterward?  I need encouragement!!  (I think I just felt soe PAC's or something, so now I'm freaked out about getting my heart rate up.)
I had some rhythm hiccups after my PVI ablation. I'd be more worried about irritating the surgical sites in your groin. It was a good month before I was back in the gym.
  weird beats are to be expected  for up to 8 months after the procedure.Having been in A-fib  since I was 28 now i'm 46 I've had 2 ablations and 7 cardio-versions.I am in NSR now but who knows how long it will last.THe most important thing to remember is A-fib will not kill you.I popped out of NSR 2 weeks ago and  went right back in with the 7th conversion > I have not gotten on my exercise bike again but I do walk 5 miles a day.It's really does play with my mind but the bottom line is the worst thing that can happen is going back into A-fib
Thanks for the reassurance.  I guess the reason I'm freaked out is that if I go into a-fib, I'm not sure what to do.  I don't want to take the disopyramide anymore or the digoin because of the side effects, and my doctor gave me propranolol if I go into a rapid rhythm, but I've never taken it before and I'm afraid it will lower my blood pressure too much (I'm normally about 100/65-70).  I guess I'll just have to put up with it if I do go into a-fib.  Thanks again!
I was told to expect some racing and weird beats post-ablation and to take it easy on the exercise for one week but that's because of the incision site.  I did light exercise two days after the ablation and was running a week later.  Your heart has been irritated and needs time to heal so a few irregularities is pretty normal.