FIRST DIAGNOSIS WAS SVT ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSIS IS AVT
My mother had been diagnosed with SVT and had gone for a procedure to correct it. Now she lays in the hospital with what I've been told is AVT. I can't seem to find out what AVT is can anyone help me? my mother says its similar to SVT but is on the other side of her heart and can cause sever blood clots. Neither her or my step-father seem to agree on what it stands for and they don't seem to have a clear understanding of what it is eactly. I've tried asking the hospital but they wont give me any information over the phone, which is my only option since I am 2000mi away. Does anyone have any information for me? I've been doing research and can't seem to get any answers. My mother is so pasive with her health and doesn't give me much info, and my step-father tells me the worst. PLEASE HELP me
Atrial Fibrillation sounds like the most likely candidate, though I've never seen it referred to as AVT, unless someone there is making up something like AtrioVentricular Tachycardia.

However, this isn't necessarily on the other side of the heart, though it could be that she has SVT (supraventricular tachycardia, which means a tachycardia that originates above (supra) the ventricles) in one atria and afib in the other.  Afib is the one most associated with the potential for bloodclots - the atria are quivering and contracting without any rhythm, and blood can pool in the atria and begin to coagulate and end up as emboli in other parts of the body, causing stroke or other immediately dangerous problems.

That being said, many people live with afib for many years, so long as they are careful with their blood thinner medications and antiarrhythmic medications.

Hope that helps.