Heart Rhythm Community
Face Flushed (warm/hot feeling) with Faint Spells

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Hello Everyone:

I'm 40 years old and I've just had the strangest three weeks of my life.  It started off with my face getting really flushed (warm/hot) and me feeling faintish like I'm going to pass out.  I've also experienced strange new 'Heart Palpitations' (strong beating) and my heart even hurts and feels hot.  Not to mention the new really sharp 'Headaches' which I've never had in my life.  Seriously - this is crazy.  Up until now I've never been really sick before and now I'm scared.  

They did a CT-Scan and MRI and came up with nothing (no blood clots or aneurysms).  My blood pressure is perfect and blood-sugar levels are perfect.  So I guess I'm curious as to what is wrong?  They put me on this heart-monitor gadget but again - my heart is beating like a drum.  So why am I having these spells?  HELP----DOES ANYONE KNOW?  i can't keep getting faint on the job---i need help and advice?

somethingiswrong
That flush-and-faint thing is one of the most common complaints on this board.  It is a panic response, but one that's perfectly normal among sensitive people who are first aware of their brand-new palpitations.  I've been there, and although I've had these little wonders for almost two decades, they're still kind of upsetting every time a new bout of them comes up (about every 2-3 years).

The hardest part of this, once you have had all the tests that show you to be normal and healthy, is to accept that you're OK, that the weird heartbeats are NOT dangerous (everyone, literally everyone, has them), and that the biggest problem is anxiety about them.  Sooo, long story short, it's a good idea to see a therapist to learn how to deal with the panic, because the pvcs are likely going to be with you for much of your very long, otherwise normal life.

You can try looking up 'PVCs' here or on google.  It will give you a lot more useful information.

I remember a few things when this all first started for me and one was that flushed crazy feeling.  I had never been sick or had any worries health wise before all this started in 2005.  The pain in the head was so scary and I went back and forth between tumors and heart issues in my attempt to self diagnose!

Looking back I think the flushed, fainting feeling, dizzy craziness was part of the symptoms of the PVC/PAC's that I wasn't feeling............then.  

My advice would be to not rule out the fact that your body is responding to something you may or not feel yet or ever at all.  I have 4 years worth of "normal" test results from 5 cardios and more and that should be comforting.  Not so much when the crazy weird feeling starts.

Good luck to you!
I too have been feeling this warmness on my face and heart palpitations at the
same time. Went to the doctor, I guess I am starting my premenopausal symptoms. It's scary to feel this? Does anyone have suggestions on how to deal with this?
I am also experiencing the same thing!!  I am going through perimenopause too.  I am almost 48 and its such very annoying feeling, what did you do about it?
I too have had the heart palpitations with the strange facial flushing. I had all my test results come back as normal as well. My doctors kept reassuring me that I was fine. After being frustrated about not getting any answers I did my own research.  I stumbled upon the vagus nerve. It all made sense how it could really be related to that long nerve that controls your heart rhythm also connects to your head (hence the headaches). Is anyone else familiar with the vagus nerve?