Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Fast Heart rate
About This Forum:

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Fast Heart rate

Hi,

The past year I have found that I have a hard time breathing, tired all the time, and my heart seems to beat fast once in awhile.  A Doctor has performed all the tests on me EKG, Stress test, heart Ultrasound, and heart monitor.

In the past year I have has a new baby, job stress, and other things.

The doctor said my heart looks fine and that all the tests were ok. But, he said I have a case of WPW. I feel that this is stress/anxiety that has caused this and that is what I am feeling at this time.  Since all tests came out ok, but the ekg showed some signs of irregular heart beat.  Had a heart monitor for 3 weeks and no irregular heart beat occur, but only once. The doctor said that he would like another full month of the heart monitor, so that he can get a better idea of what is happening and then go from there. Although I have done it once and it is my heart (very important), I feel that it is not really going to do anything more for me.  I know I should do this, but part of mean says I should not.

I feel that it is stress, anxiety, and the amount of sleep I have been getting that is causing this. I eat very heatlhy, although once in awhile would have a cup of coffee, candy, or snack. Overall I feel I am health. I weigh 184 and am 5'11'' tall and exercise.  

What should I do with having a monitor once again?  Should I get counciling or get a second opinion?
Thanks,