Fast heartbeats, dizziness and sleepless nights
About 6 weeks ago, I started feeling chest pain. Four trips to doctors found nothing cardiac related after an EKG, chest x-ray and blood work. The pain was also in my underarms, groin, leg and head. My neck and spine was twice adjusted. Now the discomfort is only in my chest, usually where my heart is but sometimes on the other side.

A nurse friend believes I have a pulled muscle between the ribs, something one doctor said too.

However, for the last two weeks I have had frequent panic attacks at night. Terrifying. Feel like I'm going to die or go crazy.

What I think brings them on is that I try to go to bed but when I lie down I feel discomfort in my chest and can't sleep. I toss and turn over and over, then when I get ready to fall asleep I feel as though my heart is going to stop and I'm going to die. I also get some heart palpitations. I'm usually lucky to get a couple of hours of bad sleep anymore.

I wonder if I might actually have some serious heart trouble no matter what my previous diagnosis's have been. Could not afford a stress test.

Anyone who can help? I hate living like this...no sleep, dizzy at bedtime, chest discomfort, extreme anxiety.

I'm afraid I won't live to raise my two young daughters. I'm 41, fit, don't smoke, rarely drink, don't use much caffeine, worked out until I started feeling bad 6 weeks ago and eat right most days.

Thanks very much,

Michael
sounds like it could be panick attacks, I have them too.  However, An EKG , blood tests and all may not be enough.  If you really want to rule out any problems or worries, you need and Echogram.  It will tell all.  After that, if things come out normal, I wouldn't worry to much.  Just get some help for the anxiety.  It does weird stuff to us.  good luck
sammie