Feeling as if I am about to pass out after an orgasm
I am a 45 year old male While having sex with my wife I was in the middle of an orgasm and had to force myself to stop because I felt like I was going to pass out. I laid down and it felt worse. I sat up in a jerk like motion and felt like everything began to normalize. This has happened about 20 times over our 28 year marriage. I was about 20 years old The first time it happened. Once I actually went out for about 10 seconds. Any thoughts on what could be the cause?
If it is your heart causing the syncope, *usually* the first suspicions are a slowed down heart rate (bradycardia < 60 beats per minute) and/or blood pressure goes too low.  This can happen for many different reasons.

Keep in mind I’m speculating here….It could be a vagal response, i.e. sympathetic nervous system not responding as it should. It could be a conditioned vagal response, meaning you are consciously or sub-consciously afraid of this happening so---it happens.    Could be a blood sugar drop during sex.

Your best bet is to talk to your doctor though.  If you really want to get it resolved I think it will take medical attention, IMHO.
I agree, I think you should see your doctor about this. There are a lot of things that could be causing this problem for you.