Heart Rhythm Community
Feels like a muscle spasm
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Feels like a muscle spasm

I have been having what I guess are heart palpitations a lot lately, especially at night before bed.  It's something that doesn't last more than a second, but it does come frequently. It doesn't hurt at all, it's just a sensation I feel and it freaks me out; it just feels like a simple muscle spasm in the bottom of my throat in my chest. Or at least that's the best way I can describe it. I have asthma and anxiety disorder and I have been taking albuterol more often lately but I have been trying to cut back. So I was wondering if maybe this was a side effect of albuterol or maybe even a side effect from withdrawal since I am cutting back.  I know heart palpitations are a side effect to albuterol but I never heard anyone describe their heart palpitations exactly like me. And since I am so anxious and scared over everything I always think the worse. So any helpful input will do.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I know how this can freak you out for sure.  I have these all the time for a few seconds a few times a day.

I feel like they come more frequently when my asthma is acting up.
does it seem that way to you also?
Blank
1137980_tn?1281289046
My money is on the abuterol.  You have posted nothing that throws red flags up at me but you should always be safer than sorry and call the doc and ask them if this is normal for you and your medical history.  Its pretty normal to feel these funny little flutters and an off sensation in the neck area and down into the chest because that is where the carotid artery runs in our bodies.  In 100% healthy humans they feel it too...i think it may just be a reminder that our hearts are still pumping and as long as you recognize the fact that the abuterol is not doubt the culprit you are one step ahead of the game here...its great when people are so sensitive to their bodies and they notice when anything is off.  I don't think that you took this over the top on this one...you are simply stating that something doesn't feel right and it making you a little nervous.  Hopefully your doc is supervising you while you are weaning yourself off of the abuterol because that is one inhaler believe me...my doc had to give me one a couple of years ago for a little hay fever i had and man o man did it get my heart pumping away....it did its job but i made my doc give me something else it scared the heck out of me but i'll tell you what i think i cleaned my whole house and mowed the lawn in under an hour!!!! LOL
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
996946_tn?1385991151
Blank
LindaTX uploaded a new photo
15 hrs ago
1236893_tn?1394988190
Blank
gymdandee commented on  Things Killing Your ...
16 hrs ago
Blank
remar commented on  Things Killing Your ...
20 hrs ago
Heart Rhythm Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...
Mar 26 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
1344197_tn?1392822771