Heart Rhythm Community
Fetish for chest compressions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Fetish for chest compressions

hi there. im 25 y/o. my boyfriend has a fetish for chest compressions. he told me that compressing my chest like cpr arouses him and gives him a better mood for an intercourse.he wanted to make my heart beat strong so that he could feel it on his palms. before we start our thing. he would make me lie on my back on the floor and then he will start compressing my chest as of doing a cpr. he would make i think 30 compressions then pause to allow me to breathe and then continue to do it for 3-4 times. i could feel his palms touching on my heart. i allowed him to do that because its doesn't affect me at all. we are doing it for i think 3months now. will there be any problem that would arise from that if we continue to do that. is it safe to perform cpr on a beating heart.
I am pretty sure he can kill you by doing this. Everything I looked up said in a beating heart, cpr can actually STOP it. You need to stop this now!
Yikes!  Oh, yikes!

Here's what medline plus and the National Institutes of Health have to say about giving chest compressions to a normally beating heart:

"DO NOT * If the person has normal breathing, coughing, or movement, DO NOT begin chest compressions. Doing so may cause the heart to stop beating."
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000013.htm

Jeez.  Find a new, not-weird boyfriend.
I'm serious:  Dump him.  This guy has a 'your life in my hands thing' that isn't going to end well for any woman involved with him.
I'm sorry but this guy sounds like a freak or even something worse. Sounds like he likes the power to hold your life in his hands. If your heart does stop in the process, do you think he will hang around to bring you back? As from reading your post I think not!

Get rid of him now before it is too late.
hopefully she read these posts before it was too late.
Well it seems like i have seen or heard almost anything and this one to me sort of stuns me.  Number one it is EXTREMELY dangerous for anyone to do chest compressions on a person who is not in cardiac distress/arrest.  I could go on and on and on in regards to what your boyfriend is physically doing to your heart that is beating in a normal rhythm n his doing "compressions" andforcing additional bloodflow and 02 thru your heart with a very strong possiblility that he is overloading the heart.  That in itself is very scary but the worst of the worst to me is that there would be a fairly strong possibility that he could break or shatter your sternum thus puncturing your heart, lungs or other organs in the immediate area while in the throes of arousal in not controlling the depth of the compressions not to mention as the above members have mentioned about interrupting the hearts normal sinus rhythm.  This is a 100% definately recipe for disaster for anyone allowing another human being to do this to them.....especially if that person trained or untrained is doing this during a situation where they are not 100% commited to doing it in saving a life and instead is definately abusing the knowledge that they may carry in order to generate arousal.  Shattering the sternum is only one of the issues you are facing and unless you have a death wish i would put a stop to it immediately because i am sure you have family and friends out there whom love you very much and if the local coroner notifying your family of the means of your demise i doubt would be the way you would want them to remember you in life not to mention the arrest of your boyfriend for causing your death.  It is not only your boyfriend that needs counselling in order to protect others but you need to take a look at your relationship and why he feels he needs to take it to this level in order to become aroused by you.....you need to find more self worth within yourself before allowing another human being to degregate you like this....good luck to you and really think this through because i am sure that you are worth so much more than this..........
Must be the weirdest fetish I've ever seen.

No. It's not safe at all. If you're really unlucky, he can create electrical activity in the heart during the so-called "vulnerable phase" which can (if you're really unlucky) cause the heart to stop.

Please let this be the last time he did cpr to you!! I'm sure he don't want to practice cpr when it's really needed.
my 2 cents - not that it's worth much...if someone needs to do anything to get excited or be aroused to be around you and for better sex, then it's time to ditch that person - especially if it's something that can be harmful to you, sounds like your b/f has some problems he needs to seek help with.
Um....please stop.  This was one of the most upsetting things I've heard.  Please let us know you guys found a safe alternative to foreplay...at least until you DUMP HIM!
thank you guys for your utmost concern regarding my situation. we've talk and he agreed not to do it anymore. but i think his actions had already caused me some damage. a few days ago. i am about to sleep when i suddenly felt something weird on my chest. it was like my heart is jumping randomly. out of curiosity i listened to it using a stethoscope. i was surprised to hear that my heart is beating erratically. slow,skipped beats then fast. i've heard skipped beats after each normal beat for 5 consecutive times then my heart started to race, i think its about 130bpm. i got scared and then difficulty of breathing followed. i relaxed and tried to breathe normally. it worked gradually and took 2 hours for my heart to return to its normal rhythm. my question is could it be the result of my partner's weird habits and should i be alarmed?is there a possibility for me to have cardiac problems or heart attack?thanks in advance for your comments..
My main concern is more of a structural issue with your body yang....i understand that you are having issues w. the rhythm of your heart but the main thing to do is to seek assistance by a medical professional with this.  The thing is that he may have damaged your ribs or worse your xiphold process which could cause an awful lot of damage to your body.  If there is a fracture or any of your internal organs were damaged by the foreplay that your boyfriend employed you could be a timebomb waiting to go off.  I would head to an emergency room...be completely honest with the doctor and tell him/her what has occured over a specific time frame and let them run some x-rays and listen to your heart.  Medically speaking cardiac problems could be an issue and heart attacks are caused by a blockage of the 02 and/or bloodflow into the heart and with what he was doing is a possiblity...DO NOT WAIT....go get checked out yang....seriously your life could depend on the decisons that you make today....good luck and please let us know what happens after you have seen the doctor and Godspeed to you and from now on just say NO to your boyfriend...he is risking your life for a thrill...............
Wishing you well. Please listen to Cindy. She knows her stuff. Let us know how you are.
YOU PEOPLE ARE SICK. YOU ARE SICK FOR ALLOWING IT, AND YOUR BOYFRIEND, WELL, HE IS ONE SCARY PERSON.
I think we were taken in by the post. I dont think its real. Nobody would be that sick, would they?
unfortunatly in todays day and age anything is possible. We shouldn't dismiss what we don't understand and we shouldn't accept what is quite clearly wrong.
I think anything is possible and some people have sexual problems and need stimulation such as is described for arousal - it's a control issue and the excitement the other person is getting from the adrenaline rush from doing this.

This is seen in suffocation, bondage etc - I'm trying to think of all the things I've read people do to get their "high" when their sexual performance isn't so great and want it heightened instead of just being happy with what they have and who they are.

We should feel sympathy for the original poster because as I posted previously, he/she (I think male though) feels like they need this other person so much they allow them to harm them; really it's no different than a person inflicting emotional or physical abuse :(
Oh I believe its very real, even though I had never heard of it before. When I read this post I googled it and yes, its out there. I wont bother to give you my opinion on why such twisted things are becoming more and more common, but I do hope this person gets the help they need, both for their health issue now and for whatever makes someone be a willing participant in harmful behavior.
I thought this was a troll post myself, but seeing all the traffic it's getting I couldn't help but stop in.  :-)

I just googled CPR fetish and it's a real thing!  Just when you think you've seen it all.....

Whoever has this fetish wold make a horrible orderly in an ER.  I can see it now, "This patient has a splinter, CALL A CODE STAT!!!!!"""

HA, I kid.  :-)
what is a troll post?
I'm starting to believe that itdood is Scandinavian, he's using words like troll and angst ;)

Anyway, a troll post is a post like: "I wonder if I had a heart attack, last night I stuffed ten bananas up my butt and now I have some kind of chest pain, is that a heart attack or did I stuff them too far" (possibly a bad example but you understand)

well, thats rather gross,
anyway--so basically a troll post is just someone making something up? Why would they do that? Ok-never mind--obviously they need a job. Ok-- thanks
bbxx, you must know the lingo if you post on the interwebs!    :-)

wikipedia explains it much better than I can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)  

copy and paste that into your address bar.

is_something_wrong, unfortunately no Scandinavian ties other than I have a lot of friends that live in Minnesota, which was mostly settled by Scandinavians back in the day.  I guess because they were used to the cold :-)
You are right, I should learn the "lingo" since I am on here, but I doubt I will take the time.lol I will however, look it up next time I need to know. Thanks for the link. :)