Flecainide
just prescribed flecainide. Structually sound heart electrically challenged with extra beats with a slight pause before recovery to normal SR. Otherwise in top shape health wise. Cardi says try this(could not tolerate Amiodarone after cardioverson) it could help but if it doesn't you don't have to take it. You aren't gonna die from this condition and can live your life without drug. Just a tad nervous about this drug. Anyone out there have a little story or insight about your experience with this one?
Hi candi.  I was also given the choice to take Flecainide for PVCs (Premature Ventricular Contractions); however, I declined because, in my case, the risks outwayed the benefits.  

I've heard others mention that Flecainide helped give them relief.  I've also heard the opposite.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help; but, maybe someone else will see your post and respond soon

Blessings and Pleasant thoughts.
I took Flecainide for irregular heart beat and it really helped me. Do you have symptoms that keep you from functioning? I really needed the medicine but would not have tried it if my symptoms weren't pretty severe on a daily basis. You just have to keep in mind all medicines have side effects and you just have to decide what is right for you. Good luck!!
I started taking flecainide in 1995 when all other meds failed to control PVC`s and sustained v-tach. Although I still get some pvc`s and short runs of v-tach, I have not had a sustained run since starting. I have been taking 150 mgs 2 x day for 14 years now.

I am in no way a medical expert but this drug everyone is afraid of has helped me a lot. I hear about a lot of stories about how bad and dangerous this drug is but for ME it has helped.

Everyone is different what may be good for one may not be for the next. Talk to your doctor about what other choices you may have.
Flecainide remains on my "like to try" to stop my AFib problem.  But as my doctors, both the cardiologist and the consulting EP, will not prescribe it without me checking into the hospital for implementation test, I'm still not taking it.

It seems to be widely used with varying results.  Seem like is worth a try, and I would if I could get it without having to go to the hosptial.  Seems I'm willing to take more risk than my doctors are, and that is based on what I've read on the community where one survey showed most on Flecainide went on the drug without involvement of the hospital.