Flu shot
Prior to my successful ablation 18 months ago, I had a reaction to a flu shot from which I developed flu like symptoms eight hours following the innoculation.  This included flu like symptoms,  chest pains, shortness of breath, a-fib, and two trips to the emergency room in three days. Heart attack was ruled out.   I believe the flu shot reaction triggered these episodes, but the doctors I have talked to seem unsure that this could have caused the problem.  Now I am reluctant to have another flu shot thinking that it may cause issues again--even though I have been ablated successfully.   Are you aware of similar problems the literature?  Would you recommend I try again?
(I am male, age 65, and in excellent health)
Hi Sweetwaterguy!

I had a minor reaction to the flu shot a few years back, but nothing like what you describe.  I do know that each year the flu shots have the potential to be made up of different components.  Maybe you reacted to something that was in that particular medication?  Have you had flu shots in the past that have not caused that type of reaction?

So glad to hear your ablation is still working!!  

I certainly don't want to scare people away from flu shots because of my experience.  I would just like to know if others have had a similar experience.  It is interesting to me that I have talked now to five cardiologists about this.  (The reason for five is that we have a group of cardiologists who travel once per week in my small town, and over the past couple years, I have seen them all)
   Two docs said the flu shot could not have caused the problem.  Two didn't know, and one said believed it was likely.  Proof again that medicine as advanced as it is, is still not an exact science.  

WOW!  That's not so good. No wonder you're not sure what to do.   If I was OK in the past (prior to ablation), I think I'd be inclined to get the shot just b/c the flu is so lousy.  However, I'd let everyone around me know when I'm getting the vaccine!!  Would one of the cardios give you the vaccine?

Do you see one doctor more than the others?  Is there one you feel especially comfortable with?  I hope others come along that can share their experiences and offer some suggestions/opinions.  Let us know what you decide.