Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Flutter in chest and lightheadedness

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Flutter in chest and lightheadedness

I have recently been experiencing a strange sensation in my chest that I can only describe as one brief flutter followed immediately by a brief sensation of lightheadedness.  Each episode, from flutter to wooziness lasts no more than one to two seconds.  Episodes are occuring with increasing frequency, now up to several times each hour.  I have a history of congenital stenosis of LMCA.  Double CABG performed in 2001 failed due to scar tissue formation in LIMA graft that could not be kept patent despite numerous stents.  Finally, a stent was placed in LMCA in July 2006.  Any idea what may be causing flutter/lightheadedness?  No major CP, no dysrythmia other than flutter.  Only other complaint is increased fatigue and weakness.

Thanks.
It sounds like you are having premature beats but this should be verified with a monitor.  You should call your cardiologist to make them aware of these sensations so they can start the work up.    Most of the time, these sensations are benign but is important to make sure.

I hope this helps.
Hi, I can relate to the wooziness etc., it happens almost at the same time as the missed beat, my doc said it was common and the two are related. I find the head sensation worse than the missed beats, when you have the ectopics every few beats along with the head sensation it makes you scared to you out or drive!!
The only thing which is helping me are beta blockers, just a small dose, I was reluctant to take them but they really are helpful and Im glad I did.

Regards
Hi I have the same feelings I had a echo and a ecg and they said my heart was normal and structurally normal, I get the pause then like a flutter or thud with lightheadedness and woozy feeling in my head, horrible it is, I'm allways scared of this. Is it normal I'm on beta blockers but I still get them. I stopped smoking for a week and didn't have any could this be a trigger ? Reply please
A related discussion, i would appreciate a response from a cardiologist! :) was started.