Flying
My father has just been diagnosed with Arrhythmia and is currently undergong tests including a 24 hour EGC.  He is due to fly out to Spain on 19 June.  Will he still be able to fly as long as we advise his travel insurance company to make sure he is fully covered?
No comment on the travel insurance company subject, but I can say I have flown a lot and suffer from AFib.  Here I include flying for upwards of 12 hours on a single flight and there was no specific effect on my heart that I am aware of.
Any idea what type of arrhythmia? I travel with my arrhythmias, no problem. If he's having v-tach, he may have to postpone the trip until it's stabilized with meds or worst case scenario, an ICD. And good advice for anyone, if you're going to be on a long flight, it's always good to get up and move around every hour just to keep the leg circulation going.