Heart Rhythm Community
For those of you who suffer from PAC and PVCs this might help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Hi everyone, a few weeks ago I posted how depressed these extra heartbeats were making me and I did some serious research. I was at my witts end with these extra heart beats and I needed to do something. My doctor was insistent that being only 23 years old I was not going to be allowed to take beta blockers based on serious side effects that he felt was definitely outweighing the benefits....I was giving up. About a week and a half ago, I met the person that would be my saving grace and changed my life. She was an herbalist I met randomly (must have been God's grace) and I told her my story. I explained that my anxiety levels have been crazy because of these heart beats and therefore depression started to sink in. She recommended two teas that have changed my life. The two she suggested were rooibos tea and valerian root tea. I was hesitant but thought well hey, anything at this point is worth a try. I went to a small tea shop in my neighborhood and purchased them. I brewed my first cup of rooibos that very day. At the end of the day, not only did I realize I did not have any extra beats since I drank the tea, but I also noticed I did not feel an urge to check my pulse as I usually did. Later that night I brewed Valerian root (do this at night because it makes you drowsy because it is a sedative/calming tea). For the first time in months, I slept the whole night without any PACs waking me up frequently...(for months I was an insomniac because of the flutters in my chest)... It changed my life. I did some more research about these teas and found that they are good for other things like diabetes, blood pressure, mood, and many many more things. There are no adverse effects so hey, for me it was worth the shot. It truly has changed my life. I am no longer as anxious, no longer depressed or afraid of having a heart attack. I have been able to do things and go places that I haven't done in months. I was having hundreds or thousands of theses beats daily and in a week and a half I maybe only felt about two of them. Whether or not the tea helped the beats or just relieved my anxiety which helped bring down the frequency of the beats, I don't care. It changed my life. I started drinking one cup a day and now am up to 4 or 5 of the rooibos tea a day. I buy the tea that is already mixed with blueberry, so not only is it healthy, but delicious. It is worth a shot. Especially to those of you whose doctors claim the beats come from anxiety (which is everyone haha)...give it a try. I think these docs may be right. I spent months denying this could be anxiety, but since I have been less tense and anxious, poof there went the beats. And the best part is this does not include medications...the only other thing I take is my multivitamin. Those anxiety and depression meds can really mess your body up. For those of you who want to give this a try, do some research as I have and read about the benefits of these teas. It may change your life like it has really changed mine. Good luck to you all, and I hope you find what helps you guys be free of these horrid things!!!!!
I'm going to look into them as every one knows we sometimes get to the point where we will try anything that might help. I tried Bystolic for the last 3 days and it did the trick but now my pulse is so slow it concerns me plus I cannot sleep while on it. Thanks for the tip.
Thanks for the tip.  I think you are correct about the stress.  I had some success with accupuncture.  I found that laying still for half an hour with needles in my face and body was very relaxing.  

I still have some palps, but they do not impact my life nearly as much as when I stressed out about them.

I will be trying the tea tonight.
Cheers.
So happy for you that you found an effective remedy for your anxiety which in turn reduced your palps.  Just a word of caution on the Valerian.  Overtime your body adjusts and needs more to have the same initial effect.  It is not recommended that it be used continuously.  So stopping for a period of time and restarting is beneficial. I would't be as concerned with the teas as opposed to taking Valerian tinctures.
Unfortunately for me, I've been drinking rooibos and valerian tea for years, and I did not always have the same positive results you're experiencing. (we're all different)  It definitely relaxed me, but I still continued to experience bouts of palps.  
A note to others, Valerian can exacerbate pvc's in some individuals, but only you decide how it works individually.
With all that said, I am thrilled for you that your body is responding so well to this new approach.  More than anything else, I just wanted to point out the 'stop and go' approach to using Valerian, and not to deflate your success.  I think it's fantastic that you found something that has such a powerful impact on you.