Frequent PVC Beats
Hello and thank you for your time! I have had PVC beats since I was a little girl. I am now 28. I have lead a pretty active lifestyle. Played sports in school and exercised lots in adulthood. My PVC's never bothered me too much until recently. I think I must have just started to focus on them... In May, I began to have severe acid reflux. I was put on several different meds over the Summer until Protonix seemed to do the trick. It was then that I noticed an increase in my PVC beats. I stopped taking the acid reflux meds and simply adjusted my diet to treat it. The pvc's are still in high frequency.
Also, they've increased/decreased in frequency often in my life. At the peak of my exercise routine last year I actually remember a day that I realized I hadn't had one in quite a while. Now, however, they're in the hundreds to thousands a day.
Over the course of the last few months I have had my Thyroid checked- it's fine, three EKG's- all fine except anxiety induced sinus tachycardia, and ECHO- all normal, and a week long event monitor that showed isolated PVC's and one ventricular couplet. I panicked when I heard that there was a ventricular couplet, but my cardiologist and regular MD both said my results were benign.
I understand that I should take their word for it, but the flip-flopping in my heart makes it hard!!!! I know anxiety makes it worse, but it's so hard when you read things like, "sudden death" online!
I guess my question is, should I be concerned about the ventricular couplet? None of it FEELS benign, but that seems to be a common post around here. I think I've been pretty thorough with the tests. I probably just need to relax!
Anxiety will make it worse, your adrenaline starts pumping and you are worse off than if you can keep calm.  I have had irregular beats all my life, but afib showed up 10 years ago and has gotten more frequent and less easily managed as I age.   I was told for years I was  having panic attacks, but it's hard to say which came first, the panic or the heart issues.  It does tend to make one panicky when your heart is 180 beats per minute!  I think if the doctors have cleared you, maybe an anti-anxiety med and/or some counseling might help. I take Xanax and it has helped me a lot. Also a sympathetic cardiologist helps.   Hope some of this helps.  Good luck.  You are not alone.
Thank you for your response. I do see a therapist periodically for anxiety. He's great. Haven't seen him since this all started though. I do not drink caffeine or smoke either. Forgot to mention that.