Heart Rhythm Community
Has anyone been completely cured of HyperAdrenergic POTS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

POTS symptoms are just like people with congestive heart failure.  I have sinus tachycardia that increases with movement of any kind.  I get shortness of breath, tremors, and my blood pressure goes up the longer I move.  I was diagnosed with HyperAdrenergic POTS.  It is an autonomic nervous system disorder.  My blood vessels do not constrict when I move, they open up and it causes my blood to pool.  Then my heart races to bring the blood up to my organs and brain.  The HyperAdrenergic part of it is that my body knows it is in trouble and sends adrenaline through my system.  This causes my blood pressure to rise and severe tremors.  I am on Clonidine to lower the blood pressure and Cymbalta to control the nervous system.  I am also in PT and OT therapy.  Even with the medication, my tachycardia and blood pressure are still very high.  After 5 minutes of walking and resting my blood pressure was 187/126 and my heart rate was 160.  My PT had me sit and rest and we tried again, but the same thing happened.  I have good days and bad days.  So, my question is does anyone know of anyone that has beat this?  I am unable to work and am unable to stand for more than 15 minutes at a time.  I can't even sit in a chair with my feet down for longer than 45 minutes.  Please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions.  Thanks.
I also think I have this form of POTS.
My blood pressure goes up rather than done... I get frequent tremors and headaches.
Someone told me that this type of POTs lasts a long time, which got me so frightened!
Yet, I have met someone who has this form POTS and they have improved A LOT over time where they are almost symptom free, yet I am not sure if they are going to be fully recovered.

Can you please email me at dark_sky64***@****
I really want to discuss the symptoms with you and see how similar our symptoms... and how frequent are the bad and good days. By any chance do you know someone in your family who has POTS?
I know your post is old. But I am curious about anyone who has gotten better. Please let me know if you or your friend got better and what you did. I am in the process of being officially diagnosed with hyper pots, and am scared because all you see are posts about how bad everyone is. I thought I was dying several months ago. I am on two medications and am somewhat better but still not at normal functioning and I still have bad days where I cannot stand or sit up without huge spikes and awful pain.
I don't have POTS but I do have various dysautonomic or mitochondrial symptoms (I prefer to think of them as "yang deficiency" in the TCM sense of the word) and have had congestive heart failure in the past. I researched it for a diet that would help. I keep the diet I compiled at

https://sites.google.com/site/windintheroses/mitodiet

I have gotten better on this diet. Not cured completely, but functional as long as I take it easy as opposed to not being able to function or do the things I want. I suppose that "taking it easy" is what old people like me have to do, anyway :-).