Heart Rhythm Community
Has anyone ever tried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Has anyone ever tried

I have had benign irregular heartbeat/pvcs for 3 years now. I have 1000s per day.  As far as I can tell it is related to digestion or a deficiency of some sort.  I think I've narrowed it down to either hiatal hernia (I had my stomach pulled down by a chiro and I didn't have pvcs for 2 months) or magnesium deficiency.  When I take magnesium it makes me feel better all over in general but my pvcs go crazy because my digestive system gets disrupted by the magnesium.  I was just wondering if anyone out there has tried a mag supplement called Mega-Mag? It is a liquid 400mg Magnesium with other trace minerals--I just bought it and was going to try it again but wanted to know if anybody else has had any success with it getting rid of their pvcs/irregular heartbeat.
I had a bout of pvcs/pacs for a week that were around 10,000 - 15,000 a day.  They got so bad I couldn't eat.  I wound up inadvertently fasting for 2 days and the fasting itself may have helped.  I was very gassy prior and now the gas has significantly subsided.  My pvcs and pacs are down to a handful to maybe at the most 100 a day.  Much more manageable.  I have not tried the magnesium, I tried one.  I took it in the evening and I was so tired the whole next day I decided I would try it another time.  Though I find it interesting you say it made yours worse.  Most people find it helps at least for a little while.  Anyways, I don't think all pacs and pvcs are stomach triggered but clearing up my stomach problem seems to have helped greatly.   Good luck with the new supplement.  Let me know how it goes.
Thanks for your reply...ya I think it only made it worse because I took more than I was used to and it gave me diarrhea (gross I know lol) and extra gas but once I got used to the Mag I noticed it has helped a little.  It keeps my body relaxed.  I still get 50 or so pvcs per day.  I noticed I burp a lot and that if I burp or fast for a little while, things quiet down with my heart.  I'm leaning more towards thinking it's a hiatal hernia.  I've tried the self-adjustments though and I still get the pvcs so maybe I'm not pulling it down enough...I dunno I'll keep trying though!!:)
What type of mag supplement were you trying?

Magnesium is extremely reactive, thus it's always bound to some other element or in some other larger molecule.  

Most cheaper supps are Magnesium Oxide which isn't that great.  It's hard to break the Mg Ox bond so you only absorb about 10% of what you take, I've read.  It make sense, Mg Ox is such a stable bond.

Then there's Magnesium Chloride (Mg and Chlorine), which is more absorbable is various ways.  You can even absorb this through your skin, like with epsom salts.

Then there's also what is considered the most absorbable, and that's Mg bound to an amino acid of some sort.  There are a few I know of:

Mg Glycinate
Mg Malate
Mag Taurate

I've tried Mg Glycinate and Mg Taurate.  I liked them both!  they definitely helped me.  Right now I've been sticking with the Taurate because it's a smaller pill.  I was using KAL Mg Glycinate which is fantastic, but it's a BIG pill.  I would take it again, just a warning if you can't take big pills.  Check out Amazon, they have them.  search them.  I used Cardiovascular Research - Mg Taurate and KALS Mag Glycinate.  Read the reviews to for more info.

I've also read and have been told that you need to take Mg with Calcium.  I believe this to be true.  There's a product called "Slo Mag" which is Mg Chloride and Calcium together in the correct ratio.  I've taken this too, and it was fine.

I googled Mega Mag, I've never heard of it.  I found the site that makes it and their description was pure marketing mumbo jumbo.  I think it's just Mg Chloride but they don't say specifically.   Then they go on to list minerals you find in well water, it was silly.   Personally I wouldn't touch it, it was just to much marketing crap for my taste.

Anyways, research this a bit more, especially about how Magnesium is bonded.

p.s., Mg also helped me with digestive issues, and I just feel much better overall.  It also lowered my BP a bit, which is a known effect, Mg relaxes muscles.