Have hole in heart
Ive been diagnosed with a hole in the heart after having a minor stroke.My question is what are the complications regarding surgery for a hole 1-2mls in size.Whats the best way to plug a hole and what with .Is best to let it go and be on medication.
I m active in sports and want to continue.I would appreciate any ideas on this matter
Kind regards
Did the doctor say anything about the cause/source of the hole?  We all have a bypass in the heart when we are first born, but it grows closed (for most of us) when we first start breathing air for ourselves.  If you are one in which the hole didn't grow closed, it seems you may be able to just continue on.  I'm sure your doctor has a recommendation, which may be to talk with a surgeon.  I'd guess these days it is possible to close such a whole (maybe a stitch or two) using robotic means, not requiring open heart surgery...I do not know this is the case.

Good luck.
Read up on Teddy Bruschi, linebacker for the New England Patriots - he had the same thing as you, had a minor strokem had a hole in his heart.  They used some sort of patch that they stitched over the hole.

Must have worked, because he's been back playing for a few years now.