Haven't asked a question in a while, but what causes whooshing in the ear??
I feel my pulse in my right ear a lot.  Usually, it is when I am in bed, but sometimes I feel it throughout the day.  If I exert myself, sometimes I notice it.  I take atenolol 12.5 for tachy, and have PAC's, but my blood pressure normally runs 100/60 or lower.  For some reason I feel like the ear whooshing is tied to the heart...am I off base??
Just a guess from a "non-whoosher" - I don't see any connection between the heart and ear/audio background clutter, what ever it can be described as.  I can also say I have never read of anyone saying they had your whooshing symptom and it was diagnosed as connected to a heart rhythm problem.
I do have echoes and whooshing in my ear some times but it's because of some fluid build up in there. If I can get my ear to drain, it's a lot quieter in there.