Heart Pain and Palpitations?

I am a 24yr F I am 5'4 and 135lbs, and in good health as far as i know. I get heart palpitations from time to time with no concern and have been to the doctors within the past yr and have had my heart listened to. However last night i was talking my dogs for a walk up this steep hill and stopped because i got a heart palpitation, but also had this quick sharp pain in my heart, the pain only lasted for a second or two and the palpitations ended soon after. I felt fine afterwards but had much anxiety about the pain. I have a full check up with my doc at the end of the month, but should i be getting checked right away? Is that kind of pain serious? Thank you.
If the pain was short lived and you had none of the other symptoms of a heart attack it may be safe to just wait you current appointment.  Still, if it makes you feel better try to get your appointment moved closer because of your heart event.

It would be best if your appointment can include an EKG to get a snap-shot how your heart electrical signals are working.
I have PSVT and palpitations quite frequently and frequently have some chest pain during, or right after (and occasionally just before!) an episode. I have noted that others here have mentioned the same experiences, so I don't think it is unusual to have "heart" or chest pain in people with palpitations.

Over the years, I have also mentioned it to my doctor several times and he didn't seem particularly worried. He explained that during palpitations, the heart can fill up with blood a little more than usual and can cause a feeling of pressure, or that the sudden higher heart rate can cause some pain as a the body reacts and tries to catch up to the sudden "load" of an elevated heart rate, or that "gas" can actually cause palpitations and the gas pains can easily be confused for "heart pain". Regardless, I was put through plenty of tests, (given my age it was time!) and they all came out normal -- and I still have the pain with palpitations.

The fact that you report the pain did not last long and was only associated with the palpitations, is usually a good sign, but I would definitely mention it to your doctor when you go in for your scheduled appointment. However, if you have more pain, or any other unusual symptoms -- or if you find you can't quit worrying about it -- I would certainly call my cardiologist's office and let them know what is going on. I always think it is important to listen to our bodies and make ourselves as comfortable as possible, even if it means "bothering" the doctor when it is probably "nothing to worry about" -- and, the statistics of your age and condition suggest it probably is "nothing" -- still, you always have the right to ask your doctor about ANYTHING that concerns you.
Back in December I was having these odd pains - the best way I could describe them is like a lady finger went off in my chest (lady fingers are teeny tiny firecrackers - Google lady fingers firecrackers to see).  

From the research I've done, the best I can estimate, for my situation, was that it was actually esophageal pain - a spasm or something.  I was under heavy stress, having stomach issues, heart issues, some short bursts of PAT, and every once in awhile I'd get one or two of these, which seemed perfectly timed with my heart beating, which of course made me think heart at first.  But in my reading it sounds like esophagus was the more likely cause.

And for me, I've had days where I've had 10,000-15,000+ PVC's and never had this pain.  Actually had that many a day for nearly a year and never had that pain.  But the stress in December was acute, bringing on a litany of physical symptoms.

For reference, stress has lessened and those pains have disappeared.

Also, when I spoke with my cardio's nurse, and I described the pain, she asked "how long does the pain last?" When I said it feels like a tiny explosion and is immediately gone, she kind of turned her head like a puppy that hears a funny noise, then just moved on to the next question.

So my guess is they were also not concerned with it.  Hope that helps.
Since you are so young, not overweight, and more than likely in otherwise healthy condtion.  The chances of that pain being something serious is little to none. At this age you could not have any blockage of your heart, ischemia, or even angina as this would be almost impossible.  So I would wait it out.  Pain in the reight side of the chest is not always related to the heart.  Many times with the proper tests ruling out heart disease, acute pain in the chest is often not even diagnosed.  Doctors will not be able to give you an answer if you check out OK.