Heart Rhythm Community
Heart Palpatations

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Heart Palpatations

I am new to this site and have read alot of postings with similar symptoms, I was diagnoise app 2 yrs ago with hypothyroid, put on the usual drug of choice synthroid, since then my medication dosage has been changed about 6-7 times, I started to have heart palpatations usually at rest, I was told the dosage was now to high and was causing the papatations and now it is hyperthyroid, it is so frustrating. does anybody know whats going on, I feel worce now then before i was diagnosed with thyroid problems, the raeson it was origanally checked was due to a feeling like i had a lunp in my throat or feeling of sometthing being stuck, my son was also diagnosed with thyroid problems, he switched to a doctor that pecribed armour for him, which he heard alot of good things about and now he is feeling much better, i am planning on doing the same thing and see if it makes a difference. as you all have said my heart feels as though it is beating so fast and hard it keeps me awake, this is not right, got to be a solution? i am tired of all the doasge changes, I get a percription filled and before it is gone i have my levels checked and they change it to another. so a month ago once again it was changed due to the palpatations and guess what still having them.   good luck to you all.
Tags: Thyroid
Avatar n tn
i have hyperthyroism months after the birth of my son...I get the fast hard beats too...i found i get them worse when i consume a lot of salt....i'm also going to see a naturopath soon to see natural alternatives instead of medication...to see if i can balance out my thyroid naturally instead of medication that could gradually harm u in the long run